About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
My journey before and after bariatric surgery.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Another sleepless night

Just a quick update....over the past week our little man has been one big, major, grouchy pants!  Nasty in his facial expressions and tone, quick to anger, super sarcastic, impatient as all get out...it's hard for me to hear my sweet baby talk to me and everyone else like this!

However, I understand these emotions!  I understand what brings them out in me anyway! 

Hormones. 
          Being super tired. 
                             Not feeling well. 
          Being overworked and unappreciated. 
                                                 Trying to keep up with our crazy schedules. 
                                                                            Desperately needing quiet and getting loud chaos instead. 

Oh yeah.  That makes me a big major grouchy pants super quick! 

What I'm trying to figure out now is what brings it all out in Eli.  Could it be he really is going through some hormonal changes?  He is ten years old now after all!


AM I READY TO GO THROUGH PUBERTY WITH HIM?!  UM...NOOOOOO!!!!!


Yesterday evening we went through two near-meltdowns where Mr. Grouchypants ended up hiding under his bed, (yelling at me that he was never coming out), not once, but Two Times! 


And then he couldn't sleep last night. 


I woke up about 2:30 a.m. and, realizing he was still awake, tried to help him out a bit.  Snuggly quilt, change of location, hugs and kissies, but nothing worked. Until! I put Sami in bed with him just after 3 a.m.  Guess what...it worked!  Something to remember.
Finally, sometime between 3-3:30 a.m.
Sami helped Eli to fall asleep


The comfort these two provide for one another is heaven-sent.  Look at how peaceful they both are!  We are so blessed.


So many times I post things with the intent to help others who may be new to this journey.  To say, "Sure!  We know how that goes.  You're not alone!" and to provide answers and encouragement and comfort.  I want to explain it all away and clear up the mystery. 

With these sleepless nights we're suddenly dealing with...sorry...I got nuthin'.  No idea.  Wish I could help you out there.  If YOU figure something out, would you kindly let ME know??  Thanks...

I know the New Moon was last Thursday, but this attitude issue has not been within the normal pattern of what we're used to.  I suppose this whole past week of angry outbursts and two sleepless nights in two weeks, might be the result of the New Moon, but it feels like it's more than that.  We'll be discussing it at the next Dr. K. appointment, but I have to wonder if there will be an easy answer.  I'm betting on No.  After Eli finally was able to drift off next to his best friend, I was still unable to sleep again until after 4 a.m.  Needless to say it's been a looooong day and it's not even over yet. 


I was very surprised, when I posted the cute picture of Sami and her boy on Facebook around 3:20 a.m., by how many people responded to it almost immediately.  What are you doing up, I asked several people.  Turns out they too were unable to sleep.  Hmmmm....coincidence?


Hoping for a peaceful, restful night tonight.  Here's wishing for a gentle thunderstorm at bedtime tonight...waddaya say?  Nothing violent, mind you...just a nice, soft rumbling would be a lullaby for this girl.  Aaaahhhh..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment